Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BIG news...Big Girl Bed

If I had it my way, she would be in the crib until she was 4, but Alana had other ideas!!! In mid January she actually fell as she was about to go up the stairs and busted open her lip. It was so awful. She had to have stitches, which was not fun. They completely knocked her out, which is probably the right call. They told us her sleep schedule might be off for a few days. That was true, but she also decided to climb out of her bed that same weekend. SO, we decided it was time to go to the big girl bed. The first couple nights were rocky, but as of tonight, she is back to being a great sleeper (hopefully I am not jinxing myself here). I was not even opposed to buying another crib when the baby comes if Alana is still in hers, but I guess we don't have to.

She has two outrageously cute bed sets. One is an Elmo set and the other is a pretty pink and green. I thought she would freak when we changed her bed to the pink and green (instead of Elmo), but she liked it too. I guess the main attaraction is the big girl bed itself! The funniest thing about hte big girl bed is that we have to go and check on it...all the time! About every hour, we have to go "see big girl bed". I keep telling her its not going anywhere, but I guess she wants to make sure!!! The timing worked out pretty well since we are going to start her in a preschool next week! She will be there for 2 full days, naps and all. The naps are on cute little individual cots, so good thing she is used to a bed. I am SUPER worried about this transition, but hopefully after a week (or 2, per Sonya!) all will be good. Cross your fingers for us!!

I think Erik forgot the weight limit is 50 pounds!!!!


No comments: